Veritiv is a North American leader in business-to-business distribution solutions. Helping shape our customers’ success drives everything we do. Our name is based on this commitment and on the core strengths of our business. Derived from verity, it says we’re true to our word, our beliefs, and the needs of our stakeholders
- This is a union facility. All applicants must be willing to work 3rd shift. (start time as late as 8 p.m. Monday through Friday)
- Overall scope and purpose of job is to perform warehousing tasks of receiving product, putting away product, picking product (filling orders), preparing product for shipment, general housekeeping, completing appropriate paperwork, operating equipment safely, and in some locations, loading trucks with product.
- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures.
- Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
- Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing.
- Receives, stocks, and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors.
- Prepares product for shipment to include packaging for safe shipping, plus labeling and marking.
- Uses tape rope sealing equipment and shrink film.
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies, as well as, established housekeeping standards. Performs equipment safety review. Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
- Operates assigned warehouse equipment in performing the functions of the job
- Participates in annual inventory.
Step progression pay up to $19.00
Non-essential Job Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as assisting customers with loading will calls, delivering miscellaneous stock to inside office employees.
- Reports directly to shift supervisor.
- Interacts with co-workers (accounts payable, sales coordinators, sales representative), management, suppliers, and customers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail; accurate and thorough
- Excellent customer service skills (with will call customers, other company departments, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Team player
- Heavy work: requires ability to continually lift, push, pull at least 60 pounds or over of product and occasionally in excess of 100 pounds up to 160 pounds of product.
- Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: climbing, crouching, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motions, standing, stooping, talking, walking.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- Two years previous warehouse experience in distribution environment
- Experience working in an electronic/computer work environment
- Equipment, Tools, Devices Used To Perform All Functions Of The JobElectric and manual pallet jacks, order pickers, hand trucks, stand-up reaches, fork lifts, Taylor Dunns, computers (RDT and VDT), laser guns, slip sheeter, roll grabbers, truck/trailer lift gates, loading ramps, dock plates and other equipment as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.85 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)