Manager of Revenue Strategy & Analytics
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Role Summary Alaska Airlines is seeking an experienced analyst with a passion for the airline industry who is comfortable querying and manipulating large data sets. This person will join a fast-paced, high exposure team responsible for owning all revenue related reporting and analysis to recommend decision-making and initiatives to increase Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air's short term and long-term revenue. Expertise in analytics, deep technical skills, and exceptional written and verbal skills are key requirements.
Scope & Complexity This individual contributor role supports complex revenue analysis activities for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air.
- Translates business intelligence strategy into advanced analytical experiments and models that blend data sources to arrive at insights
- Researches new data sources to enhance data-driven business process
- Develops and implements systems and technology to produce tools that enable leaders and stakeholders to take strategic action
- Provides analytical support and relevant data to different areas of the company for ad hoc analysis.
- Leverages expertise with revenue management tools, forecasting system, databases, and processes in order to mentor and train junior members of the group.
- Analyzes large business questions by manipulating data sources to create actionable analysis and/or reporting.
- Develops strong collaborative business, operational, and technical relationships across various workgroups.
- Leverages and enhances technical strength utilizing querying tools (SQL), data manipulation tools (e.g., Alteryx, Excel) and presentation tools (e.g., Tableau, Excel, Power Point).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills Required
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a quantitative, data analytics role or a Master of Science degree with 2 years of experience.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in economics, mathematics, statistics, operations research, finance, business, computer science, transportation, or a related technical discipline is required.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of business intelligence functions, including analytics, data mining, reporting, data cleansing, data modelling, and relational databases
- Experience in advanced SQL / database use
- Proficiency in regression, time series analysis, and probabilistic modelling
- Ability to extract, interpret, and present large quantities of data in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), with advanced skills in Excel.
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Creative problem-solver, willing and able to work on multiple tasks, take calculated risks, and assume responsibility for results in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Preferred
- A Master of Arts/Science degree or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in a similar discipline as above is preferred.
- Prior airline experience in revenue management, revenue analysis, pricing, or planning.
- Experience with forecasting and statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with advanced data manipulation tools (e.g., Alteryx or Tableau).
- Experience in efficient querying and databases (e.g., SQL, Brio, Access).
- Programming skills and experience (especially debugging and error tracing).
- High level programming language experience
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before:
A few helpful tips when applying -
Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.