Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Regional tower and sourcing manager for its Cary, North Carolina location. You will responsible for developing, planning and implementing Procurement and Logistics (PL) strategy focused on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for an assigned category or group of categories. Ensure execution in accordance with Company, PL and Supply Base Management instructions and procedures.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
The objective of this position is to leverage the purchasing power of ABB on a global and regional level and to achieve the set performance targets for the category tower Travel regionally and Hotels and lodging globally as a category. The position holder will manage various cross-country category teams and ensures that regional category strategies get implemented in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
Strategic Sourcing (CIPS):
- Set cost reduction targets for all category teams in scope based on corporate targets.
- Ensure target achievement according to the IM&S operational dashboard (especially cost reduction/avoidance and supplier reduction).
- Develop the category teams to a high performing organization.
Sourcing Execution (RFI/ RFQ):
- Select category leaders and team members to cover assigned spend area.
- Ensure that the CIPS methodology is applied in a meaning full and pragmatic manner.
- Facilitate strategy review meetings involving internal clients when necessary.
- Coach category leaders in the development of category strategies and oversees the execution of category plans.
- Promote sourcing strategies to sustainably consolidate the supplier base.
Supplier Management and Quality:
- Ensure that the category teams set the right priorities when scoping and running RFQ events.
- Ensure that the ABB E-Sourcing tool gets leveraged whenever feasible.
- Review planned RFQ processes and negotiation strategies.
- Ensures that contracts for preferred suppliers are based on ABB’s terms and conditions and filed in Pro-Supply.
- Actively manage supplier portfolio (evaluation, classification) and run regular review meeting.
- Solve cost/quality/scheduling issues and runs claim management (when escalated).
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing.
- Superior English in spoken and written.
- Extensive experience Negotiation Management.
- Very good understanding of Contract Management.
- Wide range knowhow in Supplier Management.
- Very good Project Management and Communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Procurement & Logistics
Date posted 2019-01-15
Job Function Procurement & Logistics
Publication ID US67719430_E1