You must send a resume and cover letter to be considered,
Membership and Development Intern:
Connecticut Fund for the Environment/Save the Sound is seeking a dynamic and creative self-starterinterested in gaining real-world nonprofit development, event management, and marketing/communications experience. Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills are a must. Qualified applicants will have the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with keen attention to detail and excellent problem-solving abilities are needed. Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel. Moderate Adobe Suite and social media experience (ie: Facebook and Twitter), as well as database management skills a plus.
Strong candidates will come prepared with basic knowledge of CFE/Save the Sound’s organizational goals as well as thoughts and suggestions for membership recruitment and event preparation. This position will be supervised by the Director of Member Engagement.
- Researching and procuring in-kind donations for the silent auction at major fundraising events.
- Assisting in the coordination and execution of small and large-scale events, including marketing and logistics.
- Tabling at third-party events as a representative of CFE/Save the Sound.
- Managing and entering event attendee and new member data in the organizational database.
- Developing social media marketing and recruitment for events including Facebook updates, tweets, and blog posts.
- Assisting in creating posters, flyers, and other promotional material for small and large-scale events
- Performing other, related duties as assigned.
Educational Benefit: For individuals who are considering careers in the field of non-profit development, this internship will introduce interns to a broad range of critical development work. The internship will provide substantial experience working with current and prospective members of a non-profit advocacy organization, and offer exposure to several different development positions. The internship will also provide ample opportunities to educate the intern on database entry and management and the use of social media for the benefit of development.
- Bachelor’s degree, or current student in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Database entry and management skills a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop, a plus.
- Driver’s license.
CFE/Save the Sound provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, or any status protected by law.
CFE/Save the Sound is committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Job Type: Internship
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Night shift