Nuvance Health is currently seeking a Physical Therapist to join our team!
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
- A Registered Physical Therapist (PT) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Patient Services/ Therapy Clinical Manager.
- Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the patient.
- Returns the individual to optimum and productive living within the patient’s capabilities.
- Provides prescribed occupational therapy.
- Directs and supervises personnel as required.
- Performs all skilled procedures.
- Consults with physicians regarding change in treatment and patient’s progress toward outcomes.
- Instructs patients/family members in home programs and fine motor movement exercises.
- An initial evaluation, including plan of care and goals, must be completed and submitted to the physician for approval. A recertification by physician every 60 days is necessary, if further treatment is to be continued. A progress note is written each visit. A reevaluation is written when expected duration of treatment is reached. A summary is written upon patient’s discharge.
- Helps develop the plan of care and revises as necessary.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Advises and consults with the patient, family, physician and other Agency personnel.
- Participates in QAPI activities and in-service programs as assigned.
- Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, American Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association and American Physical Therapy Association.
- Licensure as a Physical Therapist in New York State (in good standing)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and (proof of Auto Insurance)
- Basic Computer EMR skills
- CPR certification preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a Physical Therapist preferred
- Prior Home Care Experience preferred
- Able to function independently in a practice environment with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for clinical and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for maintaining clinical practice skills necessary in-home care and for learning and adhering to agency's policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability and stamina to maintain mental and emotional equilibrium during unpredictable, changing and stressful situations presented in the home care setting.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Basic Computer EMR: 1 year (Required)
- Physical Therapist : 2 years (Preferred)
- New York State Physical Therapist (Required)
- CPR (Preferred)
- NYS Driver’s License (Required)
- Poughkeepsie, NY: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)