Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
This position will perform specific tasks and duties under the direction and supervision of a licensed Pathologist.
1. Ensure appropriate specimen accessioning and obtain clinical history as indicated.
2. Assist with gross description, dissect surgical specimens and prepare tissue for processing.
3. Assist pathologists in frozen section preparation and in the procurement of FNA specimens.
4. Obtain biological specimens for analysis and perform special procedures.
5. Photograph pertinent gross specimens and microscopic slides.
6. Perform duties relating to the administrative maintenance of surgical pathology protocols, reports, departmental conferences and data, including filing of reports, protocols, photographic & microscopic slides.
7. Assure maintenance of equipment, provisions of adequate supplies and the cleanliness of the surgical pathology suite.
8. Assist in the preparation and performance of human postmortem examinations.
9. Collects and analyzes data for performance improvement monitors & presents findings at the PI meeting.
10. Complies with all Regulatory, Hospital and Department policies & procedures, including but not limited to Safety, Compliance & Protocols.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Masters degree in relevant academic discipline. Post graduate training with an approved NAACLS approved program or equivalent. Willing to consider and train new graduate with at least one year job-related experience. Minimum Experience: three years Desired: AAPA fellowship or associate.
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: day shift
Org Unit: 361
Department: Pathology Anatomic
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time