Garage Living is North America's largest and most experienced supplier and installer of garage organizers, cabinetry and concrete floor coatings. Having completed thousands of projects, our dedicated team is able to complete projects large and small at any budget level. We are a team of young, passionate and energetic individuals focused on growing our business while offering unmatched customer service and quality as well as an excellent work environment focusing on success. Please have a look at our floor coating video: http://www.garageliving.com/products/floortex-application-process/
Our Washington D.C. location is seeking a self-motivated Lead Installer with an interest AND experience in the construction/home improvement industries. Applicants should be self-disciplined, enthusiastic, assertive, and show pride in their results.
Our company is fast-paced and requires clear, verbal communicators to deliver the best product for the customer and our company. If this describes you – we would like you to be a part of the Garage Living Team!
- Proficient at using the following tools: Jig Saws, Circular Saws, Table Saw, Miter Saws, Hammer Drills, Impact Drivers. Cordless Drills, Screw Drivers, Hammers, Levels, Stud Finders, Rubber Mallets, Tape Measures, Ladders, Grinders, Rollers, Brushes, Vacuums, and All Small Hand Tools
- You must have a valid drivers license in good-standing order with fewer than 2 offenses to be considered for the job as this position may require you to drive a company install truck with a team member
- Owning your own vehicle to get to and from our shop as the ending time will vary daily
- In excellent physical condition necessary to perform the physical labor required to complete installations.
- Installation of Garage Floor Coatings, PVC Slatwall, Modular Garage Cabinets, Wall Mounted Shelving Racks, Tire Racks, Overhead Storage Racks, Car Storage Lifts, Ceiling Lights, Wall Framing, Hose Reels and More.
- Preparing for each project by reviewing orders and loading the materials onto his/her truck
- Ensuring all company tools and vehicles are operated properly and in a safe manner. The lead installer is accountable for any damage or theft of company property while in the lead installer’s care
- Onsite planning and execution of the project according to the documents prepared by the office and designer
- Responsible for communication with the client as a matter of daily operations or discussing onsite issues. Managing issues onsite is a critical element in client satisfaction – the lead installer must manage these situations in a professional, courteous, and productive manner in order to ensure the clients’ complete satisfaction
- Performing installation – Responsible for work to be completed onsite as part of the scope of work on each project
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)