Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to analyze, reconcile and monitor the financial
results of all Lottery Games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Preparation of sales reports for weekly/periodic distribution to GLC management.
- Monitor,reconcile and post daily and weekly game financial activity to the general ledger system.
- Financial reconciliations and analyses of sales, prize liability and profitability of all Lottery games.
- Maintain a timely and accurate file of all instant game work papers concerning prize structures and end of production activity.
- Provide liaison services between Finance, IT and Marketing on instant game introductions, closings, modifications and working paper logistics.
- Preparation of analysis and journal entry adjustments for all closings of individual instant games.
- Reconciliation and monitoring of game-related general ledger accounts.
- Responds to questions, complaints and requests for information by telephone, in person or by mail from citizens, employees, etc.
- Prepares, maintains and updates files and logs following prescribed methods.
- Performs QA testing on new games prior to launch.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred; a minimum of three
years of finance or accounting experience is required; experience in
product/product line accounting and financial analysis is strongly preferred;
or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which
provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
The Georgia Lottery Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act, the GLC may provide reasonable accommodations
to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and
current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.