Singleton Construction is unlike any other construction company. We break the traditional mold of our industry – and we believe it is our culture that sets us apart. Great people are at the center of our business and we demonstrate this in the people we hire, the customers we work with, and the way we operate.
We hire great people and foster a problem-solving culture that focuses on results. Our people are the driving force behind our success, so we strive to create a working environment that is truly people-centric, where the ideas and input of every person truly matters, and where your career and progression is as much a priority to us, as it is to you.
We have an opening for an experienced Superintendent, with experience of grocery and refrigeration projects, to satisfy current and new client growth within our grocery and large remodel division.
We are looking for a Superintendent who is experienced in a trade and will be happy to pick up tools if needed, but who also has strong leadership, communication, project administration and problem solving skills. This position will be mainly working on projects in the Great Lakes, Northeast and Southeast regions.
Duties will be varied but will include:
- Direct and coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services associated with the construction site.
- Conduct inventories of materials, anticipates needs and requirements and continually coordinates with the Singleton Project Manager for uninterrupted flow of materials to maintain the work schedule.
- Have a complete understanding of the scope and schedule to convey competence and assertiveness to our customer representative upon their weekly visits.
- Read and interpret job specs and plans to ensure a quality project is completed on time and within budget.
- Permit supervision including scheduling inspections and meeting with inspectors on site.
- Follow, distribute, and update a project schedule as necessary with Client and Singleton Project Manager Authorization.
- Implement and enforce safety measures and report all safety violations to the Safety Manager and Singleton Project Manager.
- Conduct all Subcontractor Meetings and Safety Meetings and record per Company program.
- Solve Problems within his or her authority and when necessary works with other employees to accomplish needed tasks.
- Fully understand RFI’s as to facilitate communication with the Singleton Project Manager as needed to complete the project.
- >Responsible for weekly production reports, time cards and other records to turn into the office.
- Resolve subcontractor problems in the field to minimize impact to the project.
- Communicate with the Singleton Project Manager on the status of the project.
- Maintain a strong operating relationship with the other employees, material suppliers, customer, and the general public.
- Handle all compliance, badging (access control), immigration, hazardous waste and dumpsters.
In return for your valuable experience, we offer a varied and competitive benefits package covering a strong base salary, medical, dental & vision insurance, short & long term disability, life insurance and a 401k plan, alongside annual bonuses. We provide our superintendents with a credit card for expenses, and we cover all hotel and travel costs.
We have a progressive and inclusive culture, and run our business through living of our core values, with regular fun activities for our team, and consistent giving back to our local community. If you are an experienced Superintendent and are looking for not just a job, but a family to be a part of for a long and rewarding career, we might just be the perfect fit!