As Head of Production Management & Operations for TV & Streaming, Entertainment Group, you will be responsible for leading the team that supports all third party and internal studio productions across NBC, Peacock, USA, Bravo, E!, Syfy, Oxygen, and Universal Kids. A qualified candidate will be skillful in balancing the vision and needs of the creative product while at the same time ensuring projects fall within budget. This role requires the ability to work seamlessly across internal functions (e.g. creative executives, finance, legal, business affairs, etc.) and foster strong and positive relationships with our third party and internal studio production partners. The ability to improve and evolve existing processes is also a priority for this role. Furthermore, you will also be responsible for managing and cultivating a strong team that focuses on collaboration and teamwork.
Work side-by-side with our creative executives to help deliver high quality programming to our Entertainment and streaming businesses.
Manage and lead the production management team by:
Helping to review final production budgets for the various genres of programming (pilots, scripted, unscripted, live events, specials).
Helping to assess/approve various production plans to make sure business needs are met, as it relates to creative, technical, legal, cost, and schedule.
Ensuring delivery of assets are on time and within specifications.
Ensuring third party productions comply with NBCUniversal production standards, including but not limited to health, safety, and training.
Providing oversight to project leads but knowing when to step-in when necessary.
Actively coach team in order to grow and develop the talent base
Build and maintain strong relationships with production partners.
Liaise between producers and all internal departments (i.e. Business & Legal, On-Air Design, Promos, Network Operations, etc.).
- At least 15 years of production management and operations experience for a broadcast network, cable network, streaming service, or television production company
- 10 years of experience leading, managing, and developing teams.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to create budgets, schedules, and full-scale production plans for a variety of program types (i.e. pilots, presentations, series, specials, live events, etc.)
- Proven ability to problem-solve and collaborate with senior leaders, creative partners, and peers across a highly matrixed, fast-paced, innovative, and highly energetic corporate culture.
- Excellent project management and accounting skills with a clear track record of meeting budgets and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to influence and drive change across all divisional and functional groups at a senior leadership level.
- Established, robust, and successful relationships with television producers, studios, and production companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Entertainment Content Executive
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.