First Baptist Church is a Historic Baptist Church that is seeking to reach Medfield and Metrowest with the hope of the Gospel. We have been through an intentional season replanting and revitalization, and we are seeking to see people connect to the gospel and grow into whole life disciples of Jesus Christ.
As the Office Administrator, you will be a core member of the team, providing support to the Pastor and Leaders of the church, serving as one of the first points of contact with the community, assist the Sunday school and financial team, prepare material for Sunday mornings, Youth group, outreach events, and serve the team in a variety of ways.
Description of Duties & Tasks:
- First point of contact for those coming into or contacting the church.
- Maintain church and building use calendars.
- Assist with the Pastor’s schedule, phone calls and overall communication.
- Prepare materials for Sunday including Bulletins, Media Shout, and resources for pastor, Sunday school, music team.
- Enter all incoming bills and rents received into the church accounting system, help maintain all records and communications required with Tenants in rental property, and maintain vendor database.
- Maintain church accounts such as Asana, Sign-up Genius, OneDrive and MailChimp as well as all accounts with vendors and suppliers.
- Assist the Pastor in organizing various ministries and events including providing support the day of the event for large events, post-event cleanup, and other duties as needed.
- Maintain files, bulletin boards and signage, and service documents such as readings and worksheets, etc.
- Mail weekly “New-to-Town” letters, process welcome cards and send communication to new visitors.
- Create and send church-wide email communications, maintain website and social media content, and prepare the quarterly newsletter.
- Edit and post sermon recordings to website.
- General office duties including managing digital and paper mail, ordering supplies, preparing materials for meetings, and other duties as needed and assigned.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- A living faith in Christ Jesus.
- Deep integrity and serious confidentiality with a self motivated team player mindset.
- Proficient in the MS office suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Possesses a service orientation and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Associates degree or commensurate experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going projects at once.
- Must meet the qualifications of a deacon as laid out in the church by-laws except for church membership requirements, be actively involved in a local gospel-centered church community and agree to the First Baptist Church's mission, covenant, core values and statements of faith.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in web editing, experience with WordPress preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign.
- Previous experience/abilities in graphic design, photo-editing and copy-writing.
- Experience with SimpleChurch CRM, Planning Center and MediaShout.
- Previous experience in a church or non-profit.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Office Administration: 1 year (Preferred)