The Admissions Coordinator is a customer service and sales professional who facilitates the conversion of referrals to admissions through the completion of the intake process and the use of effective communication, technology and customer service skills. An Admissions Coordinator interacts with patients and families, referral sources and program staff to enable the start of care for Rosewood patients.
Job duties include:
- Process new referrals that arrive by telephone, email, fax and website inquiries, in the manor best fitting the needs of the referral source.
- Responsible for routine follow up on multiple lists of pending patient charts daily.
- Enter accurate information to support data integrity and maximize the likelihood of reimbursement.
- Verify Medicare, managed care and Medicaid benefits.
- Collaborate with our Managed Care Department of commercial insurances and managed health care plans.
- Notify the Marketing Representatives of each new referral.
- Call patients and families and offer a same day appointment/tour to ensure a timely admission.
- Explain skilled nursing benefits and services to patients and families as needed.
- Give patient and family tours and insure the facility is tour ready.
- Update referral sources on the status of their referred patients when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Accurately document the outcome of all referrals.
- Some community and external marketing activity
- Supports coworkers and encourages a sense of team work amongst peers.
- Provide training and mentoring to new team members as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as determined by the department supervisor or director.
- Participate in morning meeting with the Administrator to review admissions for the day.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 3-5 years of sales/marketing/customer service experience
- excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- computer literate with Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- compassion, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Skilled nursing facility experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid regulations preferred.
Apply online at Indeed.com
Rosewood Care Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual based on gender, race, color, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)