Provides complex analysis and accurate and timely financial information. Generates management reports and interfaces with corporate departments where necessary. Works independently to solve problems, complete special projects, and conduct monthly activities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Supports corporate departments, both within and outside of Finance, with generating forecasts and analyzing trends in various business areas. Duties also include compiling and reviewing the budgets for corporate departments, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses and income.
- Analyzes income statements and prepares reports and recommendations to management.
- Performs various accounting duties including preparing journal entries and preparing account reconciliations. Duties could also involve maintaining accurate spending records and establishing measures for budgetary control.
- Performs more complex research and studies as needed (examples include rates of return, depreciation, investments, and other areas as required).
- Limited supervisory interactions with management. Coaches, mentors, and provides guidance on daily activities.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and developments in order to propose solutions to management regarding any related business or accounting ramifications
- Bachelor’s degree with Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration major.
- 5 years progressive accounting or finance experience preferred.
- MBA or representive experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced Office skills, including MS Access.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting rules and concepts and ability to apply the appropriate accounting standards to the relevant job duties.
- Knowledge of rates of return, depreciation, investments, portfolio covariance analysis.
- Proficient in the use of other automated accounting systems and an ability to serve as a training resource to junior staff members relative to the relevant systems.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
Competitive compensation plans
Employee bonus program
401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
Career development programs and classes
Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 80 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Cleveland - Headquarters 2060 East Ninth Street Cleveland 44115
7 - General Staff
Financial Reporting & Analysis
Oct 22, 2018, 12:18:21 PM