REPORTS TO: Industrial Engineer
Manage the quality operations of the Spring Hill branch including planning, organizing, and executing activities to drive production and customer improvements. Develop and administer quality policies and procedures to meet management specified objectives.
Quality Products Assurance
- Assure product specification documents are available for all products.
- Establish inspection protocols within effective sampling definitions.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, and the quality system.
- Issue Corrective Action Requests (CAR), issue Preventive Action Requests, (PAR), and follow up the Action Plans for effectiveness.
- Determine disposition of nonconforming product and maintain the nonconforming product log.
- Collaborate with Materials Purchasing for vendor-related non-conformances, and initiate return to vendor tracking forms.
- Collaborate with Customer Service department to resolve complaints and review customer returns.
- Collaborate with management, material control, engineering, and production planning for changes in specifications.
- Collaborate with management, material control, engineering, and production planning for deviations to specifications.
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Supervision, Maintenance, and Reporting
- Ensure cost effective quality manufacturing operation.
- Supervise, train, direct, and evaluate work activity of all Quality Assurance employees.
- Maintain quality inspection equipment as necessary.
- Calculate and provide monthly Cost of Quality (COQ) and Cost of Scrap (COS) metrics.
- Write, and submit for approval, new and updated versions of:
Work instructions for production;
Quality control plans;
Management and technical reports;
Skill matrix for assembler stations; and
Other technical documents as necessary.
- Participate in management discussions to define Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Participate in 6S initiatives and improvement
- Conform to all safety and quality requirements.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Implement and assure compliance with the LP9000:2011 Management System.
- Understand and practice the policies and procedures for LP9000:2011 Management System, Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP II), and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Able to maintain a cooperative attitude and good interpersonal skills with all departments;
- Can effectively facilitate meetings;
- Possesses basic understanding of electronics and electromechanical Technology;
- Applies Six sigma methodology;
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings; and
- Effectively applies knowledge in operational troubleshooting.
- Three (3) years relevant Quality experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience;
- One (1) year of supervising a team of quality inspectors;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written, in English;
- Strong analytical skills and application of seven (7) QC tools, PDCA and DMAIC;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Works well in a multicultural working environment.
****The core schedule for this role is 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Thursday at the Spring Hill location. However, this role supervises day and night shift Quality Technicians, including another location in Tampa. The successful candidate will be expected to slide the core schedule to meet quality needs, support production needs, and supervise approximately ten (10) direct reports.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Relevant quality experience in a manufacturing environment: 3 years (Required)
- Spring Hill, FL (Preferred)