Position Title: Physician – Family Medicine
Position Reports to: Medical Director
Location: 540 N. Montebello Blvd Suite D
Montebello CA, 90640
Medical and Dental
Sick Leave (10 days per year)
403 B Retirement Plan; 2% employer match after one year of employment
Position Summary: To fulfill duties of practicing medicine in a professional and ethical manner
- Performs history and physical examinations on adults and children (if trained to do so). Physical exams includes pre-employment, school, sports, well child periodic screening, etc.
- Performs Pap smears, breast examinations, and other medical services and health prevention and screening as needed.
- Counsels for birth control and prescribes as appropriate.
- Gathers complete medical history and performs a physical exam on each client.
- Provides Treatment for and documents various related diseases.
- Review results of lab tests and diagnostic imaging and arranges appropriate follow-up.
- Provides for the provision of health education and appropriately documents all health education.
- Reviews referral/consultant reports and arranges appropriate follow-up.
- Answers miscellaneous medical questions in the absence of the Nursing Director or Medical Director.
- Assists in training of staff.
- Participates in provider meetings.
- Participates in chart review and quality assurance activities as detailed in the Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Supervises physician assistants, nurse practitioners, resident physicians and students.
- Provides back up for nursing director and medical director as follows:
- Responds to calls form pharmacies regarding prescriptions and refills
- Responds to calls from other physicians
- Responds to calls from patients requiring medical advice when the Registered Nurse is not available.
- Triages walk-in patients when the R.N. is not available at the request for front or back office staff.
- Assists the front office staff in arranging for appropriate arrangements for patients who arrive when the provider they were scheduled with has been canceled-i.e. reviews the medical record and helps determine how soon and where the patient should be seen.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Current Medical License from the Medical Board of California
- A Medical Doctor degree from an accredited U.S. Medical school or a non-U.S. medical school with evidence of having passed the FLEX examination for foreign graduates.
- Drug Enforcement Administration Registration Certification with current DEA registration Number.
- Board Certification or evident for being Board Eligible in a primary care specialty.
- Knowledge of practice of medicine according to the standard of care in our community.
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public
- Ability to manage and lead clinic operations.
- Selected applicants are subject to, and must pass, a full background check.
- Must provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations including recommended doses in the primary series AND booster dose when eligible.
Job Type: Full-time