- BS Computer Science or or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- 1+ years of experience in operating systems administration or software development
- 1+ year experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments
- 1+ year experience supporting service-oriented architecture and web services
- Position Location: Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, or Herndon, VA
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Would you like to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
We provide organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
The AWS team is building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing that supports public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed systems.
We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at massive scale; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. On a “typical” day, support engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
We are looking for an Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become an AWS Services platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation expert. You will support and simplify the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
This position is perfect for you if you:
You will have the opportunity to:
- Would like to gain a deeper understanding of AWS S3 services, capabilities, and functionality.
- Are interested in creating tools and automation that enable engineers to be as “hands-off” as possible.
- Have a “Think Big” mentality that empowers you to think outside of the box.
- Regularly seek simple ways to approach complex issue or processes.
- Explore the inner workings of S3 and how it communicates with other AWS services.
- Engage other AWS engineers world-wide to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot 150+ services.
- Express your creative, innovative ideas to make our team even more awesome!
- Provide invaluable support to the U.S. Intelligence Community.
- Experience with very large, high-throughput distributed systems
- Systems Administration in a Linux/Unix environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Able to show good judgment and instincts in decision making
- Able to prioritize and perform in complex, fast-paced situations
Want to learn more?
- You can reach out to Aria Straus (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Every Thursday, the AWS cleared recruiting team hosts a virtual networking event to answer any questions or curiosities about working in the cleared space at AWS, register for our next event here: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utm_medium=Career+Sites&utm_source=External+Postings.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age