Job Description Summary:
Proficiency with computers and data entry into electronic tracking systems required
Flexible schedule including weekends
- Act as primary point person to call people with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19 (cases), provide support and information about the disease, and gather information including contacts.
- Answer incoming calls from citizens related to COVID-19, including the general public. Make outgoing calls to those identified to have had contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in accordance with all performance standards, policy and procedures, and protocols.
- Communicate with cases in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Triage and coordinate next steps for support for cases, including referral to social services.
- Collect and record information about each case’s contacts. Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems.
- Provide contacts with approved information about quarantine/isolation procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 social resources.
- Escalate issues to epidemiology lead.
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
- Perform contact tracing duties for team as necessary based on contact tracer workloads.
- Transfer/refer citizens to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
- Respond to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution as needed.
- Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures.
- Attends meetings and trainings as requested and maintains up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems.
- Meet Quality Assurance (QA) and other key performance metrics.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Experience the field of public health, epidemiology, communicable disease control, or a related field preferred.
- Experience working in a health, human service, or community-based organization or institutional setting.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Fluency in second or multiple languages a plus
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to manage and adapt to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to show empathy and interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Ability to work through conflict
- Work complex cases and assists with priority cases. - Perform quality control reviews on review closures, completed petitions, and legal action referrals. - Work closely with new staff throughout their training period to ensure that information provided during formal classroom training is applied to casework. - Assist customers with questions regarding review and adjustment. - Conduct quality assurance review closures, LARs and administrative modified orders. - Provide feedback to supervisor on quality control results. - Assist with monthly unit reports. - Serve as interstate liaison on modification reviews. - Maintain confidentiality and security of case information. - Perform other duties as may be assigned by management. Minimum Requirements: - High School diploma with 4+ years of experience, or Associate degree with 2+ years' experience. - May have additional training or education in area of specialization. - Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues. - Understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions. - Communicate on complex or sensitive issues or draft such responses for supervisor or team lead.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. Â : EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.