Founded in 2012 and in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), CL&A provides HUD-VASH Case Management services to assist in securing and maintaining stable housing and support to homeless/formerly homeless Veterans in Los Angeles, CA.
Our employees enjoy opportunities for development, competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package including Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with up to a 3% employer match.
We are seeking a Clinical Manager to join our team to help contribute to the continuous quality improvement of client care. This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless and offers a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
Key responsibilities include:
As part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals, the primary role of the Clinical Manager is to:
- Provide supervision and managerial oversight to Case Managers to ensure engagement and provision of case management services to homeless/formerly homeless Veterans with active mental illness, and substance abuse disorders and co-occurring medical conditions in the community and their homes.
- Monitor, review and recommend changes in program services to meet client needs;
- Ensure that program staff meet clinical benchmarks for quality care and productivity in accordance with contractual obligations and VA requirements.
- Train and provide ongoing guidance to staff on clinical intervention strategies, treatment planning and behavioral health screenings as necessary toward ensuring excellent service delivery standards.
- Ensures the utilization of best and evidence-based approaches to mental health care consistent with health/mental health integration, rehabilitation and recovery, wellness, treatment adherence, and all housing goals consistent with the intent of the HUD VASH program.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, education, or related field from an academic institution accredited in Social Work and/or Psychology.
- Current, Active, unrestrictive license to practice in the State of California (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist).
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness/co-occurring behavioral health and ore substance abuse disorders preferred.
- Prior management experience working in clinical and/or housing/supportive housing programs strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain emergency accessibility, work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Computer literate, MS/word and Excel. Familiarity with Electronic Health Records.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness.
- Prior experience working in housing/supportive housing programs.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the community.
- Commitment to excellence, ethical behavior, and professional standards
- Desire and dedication to perform with a professional team
- The satisfaction of assisting homeless individuals become self-sufficient
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- A credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
How to apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off