Excellent opportunity if you are a caring individual who would like to contribute to the quality of life of others and supplement your income. We have an excellent training program for our companions which provides you with a great start.
The Companion offers assistance with activities of daily living as well as non-clinical assistance, companionship and support to residents and clients. Companions provide generalized attention to the needs of residents and clients and are responsible for ensuring a safe, clean environment and observing any changes that should be reported. Assists residents and clients with getting to appointments and running errands.
Our business is growing and so are the hours available to work! Working as a PRN (as the need arises) Companion means you will be offered multiple opportunities to pick up available shifts and earn extra income. How many hours you work depends upon your availability, flexibility, and the needs of our clients. While the dates and times of shifts may vary, we do need several Companions available to accept early morning shifts (beginning at 6:00 or 7:00 am), weekend hours, and overnight hours. Please note that all PRN Companions are required to work Saturday and Sunday shifts and if other hours become available during the week, those will be assigned according to employee's availability. The minimum shift is 3 hours.
We have one position available working 8a-5p Monday-Friday that requires a candidate to will use his/her car, has current car insurance and clear driving record. This position will pay $12.00 per hour.
If selected for an interview, candidate must bring a copy in hand of current driver's license or Louisiana ID Card.
High school diploma/GED or sufficient experience level; one to two years of experience as a Personal Care Attendant (PCA), sitter, or personal companion preferred. Experience and training as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) a plus. A genuine desire to work with the senior population or the disabled. First Aid/CPR Certification & safe driving course is required (or must have ability to complete these requirements within a specified time period). Effective oral and written skills, empathy and the ability to listen. Represents the company in a professional manner and uses good judgement.
Bi-lingual skills a plus!
Walking or standing for extended periods, bending & stooping, lifting and assisting residents with mobility (wheelchairs, walkers, etc)
- Assists resident with daily activities of living such as dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, mobility devices
- Assists resident with all personal care functions as needed
- Assists resident to and from daily activities and appointments
- Assists resident at mealtimes and monitors resident’s eating habits
- Provides companionship (talking and listening, reading aloud, etc.) and promotes the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Performs light housekeeping tasks and assists with laundry
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Communicates with residents and families regarding care
- May run errands or transport clients or residents as needed
- High school diploma/GED or sufficient relevant experience level
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to complete
- Relevant experience or genuine desire to work with the elderly
- Successful completion of any state-mandated training or willingness to complete training
- Knowledge of general sanitary and safety practices
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Ability to work various shifts including weekends and holidays if needed
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Fitness Center Membership