ACG Materials, a division of Arcosa, Inc., has an immediate opening in our Seattle, WA JA Jack and Sons Limestone processing plant.
SUMMARY: Directs and manages the planning and production of the processing plant to efficiently and safely produce finished goods at the correct quantity and quality in a cost-effective way through a motivated workforce.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that safety, health and environmental legal and company standards are complied with, emphasizing safety as a top priority.
- Directs and manages plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Monitors overall plant performance for production and quality standards by developing and reviewing reports and metrics.
- Coordinates plant activities through planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Hires, provides training, growth opportunities, and guidance to subordinate leaders; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talent, and actively trains key talent.
- Develops systems and sets performance targets and measures that appropriately assess the performance of the plant, and direct reports, and reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets; develops strategies for increasing productivity.
- Supports the creation of annual operating and capital budgets for the plant consistent with established financial guidelines and business planning process.
- Monitors operation expenses and researches ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries; controls and minimizes labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment; replaces or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Works closely with regional Environmental Health and Safety Managers to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies and environmental requirements
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strong sense of responsibility; understanding of business implications of decisions.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in generating solutions.
- Strong project management skills; highly organized and capable of effective, efficient multi-tasking and time management.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to effectively present information to others.
- Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment; ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
- Exercises good judgment and discretion in determining best method and procedure to be followed.
- Ability to rapidly process and comprehend large amounts of detailed information and to consider the implications and consequences of new facts and make decisions.
- Proven leadership skills and team building skills; ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals and to motivate groups and individuals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility.
Must have working knowledge of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering and budgeting/expense management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent physical demands of the position are talking, hearing, using standard office equipment, and typing on a computer.
- Occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, lean, twist, stoop or kneel, crawl, climb, or balance, use heavy machinery, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and perform repetitive motions.
- May be required to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position works with infrequent exposure to loud noise. This position may also rarely be exposed to other hazards associated with working in a manufacturing environment.
- This position may require infrequent travel, including operation of a company vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Production Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift