$40.00 - $43.00/ hour
If you are an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your specific duties as a Senior Mechanical Engineer will include:
Senior Engineer to Lead the Technical Design, development and release engineering team for components and systems of global gasoline engine programs from inception to production. A successful candidate must be able to learn quickly, comfortably interface with people at multiple levels of the corporation, lead and provide clear direction to suppliers and design staff, and work as part of a cross functional team.
Scope of responsibility includes leading the product design team for engineering from concept to launch, components/system packaging, releasing 2D drawing and 3D models, performance specifications and production product issue resolutions. Coaching the creating & maintaining of the DVP and DFMEA’s as well as compiling the Center of Excellence (COE) reviews for the design. The Senior Engineer will be involved with current production components in addition to future development programs.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Chair Weekly Board Review Meetings
- Chair Weekly Engine Teardown Inspection Review Meetings.
- Lead/support root cause analysis of engine/component issues in the dyno, development vehicles and during new engine launches via Fast Feedback Program
- Support engine program weekly alignment meetings
- Support engine issue closure activities - work to close/delegate issues to engineers.
- Review, challenge, decision Change Notices, Production Evaluation Runs, etc.
- Generate/Update build book instructions for each engine build
- Lead engine engineers to update and maintain timing
- Work with Chief Engineers and durability/mechanical dev engineering team to develop test plans for each development phase
- Capture Lessons Learned in other programs and the COE engineering requirements.
- Lead global cross functional teams to develop parts which meet all regions requirements...
- Track warranty items, work with engine plant and supplier quality personnel to address manufacturing and quality concerns and review engines returned from the field.
- Deliver all functional and manufacturing aspects for the component.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a hardware design and release and engine calibration release engineer
- Extensive knowledge of internal combustion engines and associated technologies
- Self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced and multifaceted environment
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to interface with senior management
- Skilled in MS Office (including PowerPoint and Project)
- Experience with mechanical engineering component design
- Engineer must be experienced with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Good teamwork skills, ability to work independently and to manage suppliers
- Knowledge of releasing process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies.
- MBA or Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 3 years of experience in engine calibration and controls
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Familiar with Unigraphics NX and Team Center
- Passion for, interest in and hands on working knowledge of cars and engines
- Experience releasing components at an OEM or large Tier 1 company.
- Powertrain design experience and manufacturing experience.
Travel and Driving Requirements
Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record. Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Senior Mechanical Engineer
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Senior Mechanical Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!