Next Exam: August 22, 2020
You must sign up here using this link:
The deadline to sign up for this exam is July 31st by 5pm.
You must use the link to sign up. Signing up on INDEED alone does not sign you up for the test.
Next Civil Service Exam: August 22nd, 2020.
Location: Irving Convention Center at
500 Las Colinas Blvd. W.
Irving, TX 75039
Physical Fitness test following passing the written test at
Cistercian Preparatory School
3660 Cistercian Rd., Irving, TX 75039
The doors to the school will close and the test will begin at 8 a.m. Registrants should plan to arrive at least 60 minutes prior (7:00 a.m.). Please make sure you bring a mask with you. You will not have to wear the mask for the PT test. If you visit policetexas.org you can view videos of the fitness tests that will be expected to perform on the day of the test.
Applicants should wear fitness attire on test day and bring their driver's license. Any former military applicants also should bring their DD-214 on test day. The fitness test will be conducted immediately after the civil service test, and being prepared will keep applicants together in their groups.
Police Officer Salary
6 months $69,636
1.5 Year $73,116
2.5 Year $76,764
3.5 Year $80,592
4.5 Year $84,612
5.5 Year $88,836
Fitness Pay - $50.00 to $150.00 Monthly
*Master Peace Officer Certificate -$90.00 Monthly
Advanced Peace Officer Certificate- $60.00 Monthly
Intermediate Peace Officer Certificate- $30.00 Monthly
Associates Degree- $50.00
Bachelors Degree- $125.00
Masters Degree- $150.00
Field Training Officer- 3% of pay
Shift Differential- 3% of pay*
- Must be 21 to 44 years old.
- Must complete and file a legible application with the Police Personnel office.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have an associate’s degree or equivalent (60 college hours) from a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)-approved / accredited school with at least a 2.0 GPA with the following exceptions:
- Applicants who have completed three or more years of active military service and have exited within 18 months prior to submitting their application must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicants who have completed three or more years of active military service and have exited more than 18 months but less than 36 months prior to submitting their application must have completed 30 or more college hours with at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Applicants who have been employed as a full-time certified peace officer for three or more years during the period immediately preceding the submission of their application must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must not have any criminal conviction above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or any Class B misdemeanor within the past 10 years.
- Must not have been on any court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or any Class B misdemeanor within the past 10 years from the date of the court order.
- Must intelligently read and write the English language.
- Must be of good character.
- Must not have made any false statement in any material fact or practiced, or attempted to practice, any deception or fraud in application, examination or appointment.
- Must not have been dismissed from public service for inefficiency, delinquency, or misconduct.
- Must appear for all requested examinations and interviews.
- Must not have received more than two moving traffic violations or had two preventable accidents, or any combination, in the past 18 months or four in the past 36 months.
- Applicants must also be able to pass a physical exam as determined by the appointed civil service physician.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $66,324.00 - $88,836.00 per year
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
Please wear a mask to the written exam and bring your own pencils.
Company's Facebook page: