Mechanical Integrity QA/QC Manager
Intertek provides non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding services for a diverse range of industries. We help our customers ensure the reliability and safety of their products, equipment, or plant assets with our world-class services in non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding quality. We understand the processes involved throughout the entire product cycle – from design and manufacture to operation and maintenance - and the frequent need for rapid turnaround times. Our services can support production processes, quality control, and regulatory compliance as well as new construction, pipelines, plant maintenance and scheduled shutdown inspection.
We are seeking a Mechanical Integrity QA/QC Manager to join our team in Longview.
- Work with external customers by having a strong customer service presence and delivery.
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify and resolve problems; complete audits; determine system improvements and implement change.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identify critical control points and preventive measures; establish critical limits, monitor procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures, and monitor inventories.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measure production; document evidence; determine operational and performance qualifications; write and update quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; and investigate customer complaints.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Review and sign final inspection reports.
- Train mechanical integrity department personnel.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- API 510 and 570 certification required.
- Experience with writing procedures.
- Familiar with all industry construction codes.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.