The job description of a Barista/Cashier calls for preparing a large portion of the food that comes out of the cafe. In addition, takes food and beverage orders from customers and uses register to provide change. Closes out register and runs receipts and close out register paperwork. Serve Safe Certified preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Line Cook
- Helps set up the kitchen area prior to a cafe opening.
- Cooks a specific portion of each plated meal as assigned by the lead Barista.
- Assists with cutting, marinating and precooking foods.
- Help another Barista who is running behind.
- Assembles dishes and provides garnishment.
- Maintain sanitary conditions and organization in the kitchen.
- Wraps unused items and stores in proper areas at the end of a shift.
- Shuts off all equipment at the end of shifts and after usage.
- Participates in cleaning the rest of the Cafe before it closes for the night.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has knowledge of standard cooking, baking and grilling techniques.
- Good communication skills.
- Works cooperatively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Manages time effectively.
- Learns new recipes and new procedures.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Prior experience as a line cook or Barista preferred.
- Stands on feet for long periods of time while cutting, stirring, grilling, frying and otherwise preparing food.
- Carries sacks of flour, sugar, frozen meats, vegetables and other ingredients.
- Works late evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time/Part Time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cashier/Barista: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: