Sun-Maid Growers of California is currently looking for Mechanics with experience in large industrial conveyors and shakers. Candidates must be able to work indoor/outdoors in all weather conditions and work safely in a fast paced environment.
The mechanics shall be responsible for:
- Performs troubleshooting when making line calls. Requests assistance when needed in a timely manner.
- Assists in overhauling, rebuilding and maintaining equipment. Performs functional work when assigned to fabricate or assigned to work in the machine shop.
- Candidates must be able to operate and maintain equipment properly by following directions.
- Candidate will be responsible for maintaining lubrication schedule of all equipment; inventory proper quantities of lubricating products.
- Assist in performing all phases of maintenance (i.e., fabricating, welding, and troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and performing required preventative maintenance.
- Minimum 1 year of training or experience which has provided a basic working knowledge in the field.
- Lockout/tag out procedures and follow all OSHA and company policies and best practices.
- Must have basic mechanical skills, and the ability to work with basic hand tools.
- Learn to read and understand basic blueprints, schematics, repair manuals
- Learn to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Ability and desire to work up to higher level maintenance position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Mechanic: 1 year (Required)