Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 1,800 restaurants across the United States.
- Architect informatics pipelines to deploy data driven workflows against data integrated silos.
- Build and maintain web-based applications that support research and development.
- Work across the entire software development lifecycle, from determining the needs of Impossible Foods scientists, all the way through maintenance and bug fixing.
- Contribute code, design ideas, and architecture solutions as part of a small Agile development team.
- Collaborate with scientists, business managers, and other developers to achieve goals.
- Enhance and support a culture of innovation, responsibility, hard work, and fun.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 4+ years of software development of web-based applications, preferably in an Agile team environment.
- Strong Python skills.
- Experience with web frameworks.
- Experience with writing applications for Google App Engine.
- Proficiency working with multiple levels of a technology stack.
- Experience programming for scientific applications (bioinformatics, cheminformatics, experimental data management) a big plus.
- Experience with Data Science Visualization techniques or in a manufacturing environment a big plus.
- Strong personal communication skills, preferably with experience in dealing directly with users and stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, with good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions, create new ideas, and push boundaries without pushing other people’s buttons.
- Ability to work with a diverse, dynamic team effectively.