Virtual Instruments is an exciting, high-growth Silicon Valley technology company. Since our founding in 2008, we have focused on delivering unparalleled value to our customers through a combination of innovative technology and high-value services. We have helped to solve some of the most critical IT infrastructure performance and availability issues in nearly 500 of the world’s largest data centers via our real-time IT infrastructure monitoring and load testing products.
Virtual Instruments, a privately-held company, wants talented and motivated individuals to join our fast-growing company. We’re interested in individuals who thrive in a challenging environment and bring imagination and energy to work.
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for leading the outbound product marketing initiatives for Virtual Instruments products. The primary users of our solutions are the IT Infrastructure operations, architecture and engineering teams including – who design, configure and operate the server, network, and storage infrastructure that supports mission-critical applications. The economic buyer is typically the Senior Director or VP of Infrastructure.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Ideal candidates will have 7-10 years of IT infrastructure-related industry product marketing, product management or sales development experience working with an IT-related software or hardware company.
- Developing sales tools and customer-focused collateral targeted to infrastructure architects, engineers, operations managers and directors
- Developing case studies, videos, white papers, contributed articles, content for social media outlets
- Supporting our presence at industry conferences, tradeshows, and other lead generation programs, including webinars
- Developing product positioning and competitive analysis for use by our sales force and channel partners
- Providing input into the product planning team on customer requirements and industry trends
- Working closely with Sales to assist them in winning new accounts and increasing our penetration in existing accounts.
- The ideal candidate has worked directly for an infrastructure-related hardware or software company with experience working at both large public and smaller privately-held companies.
- Demonstrated track record of marketing IT infrastructure products and services to Global 2000 companies.
- Strong written communication skills as well as public speaking/presentation skills
- Ability to work well in teams as well as individually in a high productivity fashion
- A “can-do” attitude and work ethic that is aligned with the needs of a high-growth start
- Willingness to travel 10-15%
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desired
Job Type: Full-time