At Pharos, our motto is “Discover Best” and that mindset of discovery and self-examination applies to everything we do. We’re leading the industry in innovation on the web, mobile and cloud technologies, all in service of making print more secure, convenient and infinitely flexible for our customers.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team and be a valued member of the Pharos family. If you’d like to discover your best, why not consider us?
Do you hate black boxes? Do you love to automate repetitive tasks? Do you love learning new technologies? Are you a coder who likes networking and servers or a sysadmin who likes to code? Do you enjoy a casual and flexible work environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be a good fit for the Cloud Operations Specialist role at Pharos Systems.
The successful candidate will be a critical member of a small team charged with operations and support of a cloud-based SaaS platform. This position entails the care and feeding of a robust big data environment, in addition to interfacing directly with external customers to understand potential issues and provide remediation. The successful candidate will interact with product management and product development to understand operational requirements, implement new software components and product upgrades, and stay abreast of system performance and ultimately the customer experience.
What You Get To Do
* Help to support/monitor and deploy a first-class cloud environment
* Write automation code for provisioning and monitoring infrastructure at scale
* Roll up your sleeves to troubleshoot problems across the entire stack: network, datastores, and application
* Take ownership and strive to do work you're proud of. You believe in spreading (and acquiring) knowledge through collaboration
* Support our print as a service partners and customers
* Some on call duty
* Write user stories based on operational role/customer feedback
* Work with modern technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, AWS services in a cloud native platform.
* Experience running high availability services in a production environment
* Familiarity with Git
* Ability to write SQL queries
* Competency in at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
* A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
* Direct experience administering Linux/Windows systems
* Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog
* 5+ years professional experience in a relevant field
We’d love to see
* Someone who sees technology as a hobby and not work, you enjoy ripping things apart and then putting them back together to improve them
* Experience with Amazon toolset
* You thrive on technical challenges and take pride in solving them
* Someone who is comfortable interfacing directly with customers and partners
To be considered, our candidates must exemplify our core values:
* The highest ethics and enthusiasm with a consistently positive attitude
* A passion for learning about technology and sharing that learning with others
* Excellent written, verbal and personal communication skills
* Team player - ability to work on cross functional teams
* Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills
* Self-Starter - ability to work independently and with initiative
* Adaptability – ability to handle a variety of work assignments, some of which may require enhancing their current skillset
Pharos Systems offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education, as well as excellent benefits.
Pharos is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time