What You'll Do
Prepare financial reporting & business analysis identifying and using key business drivers.
- With oversight, review daily and monthly financials for variance explanation and correction, identify trends vs. single events in the numbers, and create and distribute business letters and/or other management reports.
- Perform profitability analysis, scenario testing, and prepare of business unit forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans linking financial targets to the strategy.
- Conduct with benchmarking comparison and performance analysis.
- Perform monthly tasks including but not limited to business unit allocations, general ledger postings and corrections, accruals, and adjustments.
- Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement and cost savings.
- May calculate and administer the payments of incentive plans.
- May interact with Line of Business Partners as needed to complete analysis and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Mgmt (with emphasis in Accounting) or related area or equivalent work experience
- One (1) year finance or related experience
- Two (2) years finance or related experience
- MBA or related Master's degree
- CMA/CPA certification
In this Role, You will Need
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of finance & accounting principles
- Demonstrates decision making, analytical & problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates time management & organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates attention to detail
Address906 Grand Blvd
Chief Financial Officer
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you'll get:
Unique Benefit Programs :
We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals - including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion:
We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.