In this sales and management position she/he will be required to manage all sales related activities to optimize and manage retention and sales goals for their assigned market. She/he is responsible, for achieving profitability and retention goals of all asset/liability/investment/consumer and business products for their Branch. The incumbent will also establish goals and consistently communicate progress with the sales team.
Additional responsibilities include actively coaching sales team to achieve results, recognizing and rewarding sales efforts and results, retention efforts and handling employee relations issues. She/he is also responsible for administering the management of operations and services through the Store Manager.
Understanding that all divisions of the company work together for one common purpose – to deliver a consistent and distinctive customer experience to all customers. All employees must have knowledge of Salem Five’s digital banking services and are able to use, understand and describe these services.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide an outstanding Customer Experience to Salem Five customers and prospects.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salem Five’s digital technology offering.
- Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email and application management.
- Proficient utilizing desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Exchange).
- Proficient utilizing the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search and locate information.
- Embrace new and emerging technologies to support operations and customers through flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Demonstrates compliance with banking business laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to the position.
Sales and Business Development
- Grow and Develop small business banking opportunities as defined through aggressive sales and networking. Primary focus will be to profile and sell business products to our existing customer base and prospects. The Market Manager will build deposits, develop fee income and refer customers as appropriate to Business Banking,
Insurance and SFIS.
- Establish goals and consistently communicate progress to sales team.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, monthly sales meetings.
- Lead team to achieve goals through implementation of the sales process to include prospecting, scripting, profiling, onboarding, follow-up and telemarketing.
- Utilize effective sales leadership techniques to establish and foster a sales culture within each store. For example, proactively manage sales meetings, sales campaigns, goal setting, communications, recognition and rewards.
Demonstrate effective leadership skills to ensure maximum productivity and employee development.
- Lead by example.
- Recognize, reward, motivate and develop team through training, coaching and conducting quality annual reviews.
- Ensure balanced performance between customer growth and retention of existing customers
- Provide ongoing, balanced feedback through formal and informal coaching sessions.
- Support and or coordinate seminars.
Utilize relationship management techniques and sales skills to grow/retain customers.
- Contact store customers and prospects.
- Utilize sales process to identify customers and prospects product and service needs.
- Make financial suggestions or refer to other appropriate lines of business.
- Address customer questions/issues.
- Ask for the business and close the sale.
- Track all customer contact for follow up.
Understand local competitive strategies in order to effectively address customer questions.
- Know your competition through advertisements, word-of-mouth and through shopping the competition
- Stay current on promotions.
- Lead and encourage staff support of retail events in all markets.
- Maintain active community involvement and membership in appropriate local civic groups to network and develop the Salem Five brand.
- Exhibits excellent public speaking skills for sales, management and marketing the Salem Five brand in the community.
- Ensure assigned store retention goals are met
- Lead the customer experience that is consistent across all customer touch points to maintain Salem Five as the leader in the financial services industry in terms of customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention and ensures the store provides a different customer experience from other providers in the marketplace.
Ensure operational integrity
- Demonstrates compliance with banking laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to position.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA/BS degree, or equivalent; minimum of three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and core values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Interpersonal Skills – A strong collaborator with customers and co-workers; focuses on responding to customer inquiries; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral & Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Understands basics of the business and related implications of decisions
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
Analytical – Has the ability to organize data, both financial and systemic information, and to make assessments that will be used to optimize systems or financial performance.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With a rich history and a strong reputation for growth, service and innovation, Salem Five offers employees a sense of stability and pride. Salem Five also offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package including health insurance and matching 401(k) plan. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and application online at salemfive.com/careers or mail your resume to Human Resources, 210 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970.