Rose Acre Farms is committed to producing high-quality eggs and egg products and leading the way in animal stewardship. To continue to produce quality eggs and egg products and being a leader in animal welfare, we need people that are hardworking, passionate, and professional, that own their work and have pride in it. Rose Acre Farms offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for its Team Members and eligible family members, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacation.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The role of the Production Manager of Poultry House Operations at Rose Acre Farms encompasses a role that entails a wide variety of responsibilities. A keen understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and performance of commercial layers play a key role in the daily operations of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible to train, implement, and enforce policies that cover feed efficiency, egg production, and mortality goals.
- Responsible for developing an annual production system for his or her farm or state (as applicable.) This will entail working with the various VPs involved to plan molt cycles, moveins, moveouts, etc. of birds.
- Responsible for working with the processing managers to ensure weekly goals are met.
- Responsible for training all new house employees.
- Responsible for the feed control system in his or her state.
- Responsible for performing, communicating, and evaluating post mortem inspections of birds. This will be required on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for making feed recommendations to the corporate nutrition department based on egg quality and monthly bird performance.
- Responsible for training, implementing, and enforcing all animal welfare policies as defined by Rose Acre Farms.
- Responsible to oversee that production and feed goals are followed, and for accurately reporting progress weekly.
- Responsible for working with house managers and employees to ensure that everything within the houses is running smoothly.
- Responsible for filling in when employees miss, quit or take vacations.
- Responsible for ensuring that pests are kept to a minimum in the houses and that all traps and pest bait are set out weekly.
- Responsible for managing employees in his or her state, scheduling them, and enforcing Rose Acre policy guidelines upon them.
- Responsible for working with the Rose Acre Feed Efficiency Specialist to ensure that the correct feed ratio and ingredients are being utilized in the houses and that the birds are getting the proper nutrition for their age.
- Responsible for reporting ANY problem in his or her area that is beyond normal duties to the area complex manager immediately.
- Responsible for filling out all necessary paperwork and ensuring that it is distributed and sent to the correct areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school education is required/post secondary training (direct courses or training certifications) in poultry management is also required – previous experience in layer house operations, farming or grain operations, or general agricultural experience is highly desired.
- Employee must be trained and proficient in post mortem bird analysis.
- Employee must be capable of understanding, preventing, and identifying contagious poultry diseases that could have a large impact on confined poultry. Training or post secondary training in this area is required.
- Must be capable of working in a physically demanding environment, which may include temperature variances, egg odor, general dampness, flies and mice, and general spills or messes that are common in a layer house facility.
- Must be able to work with live animals and continually have their health and well being at the top of the daily list. (All house workers must continually monitor three essential items – feed, water, and temperatures.)
- Employee must be able to proficiently operate a wide variety of computer applications and feed control systems that help farm and executive management evaluate the performance of the house operations.
- Must be able to perform misc. management job functions – must be able to make quick and rational decisions in dealing with personnel, equipment, etc., and must be able to direct questions or problems that are above the quartile manager’s jurisdiction to a higher manager.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills – must be able to motivate other house employees to fulfill their job to the best of their ability.
- Must have a basic knowledge of electricity and its function in the layer houses.
- Must be capable or be capable of learning how to perform maintenance on a variety of equipment – such as egg and feed conveying systems.
- Must be able to fill in when there are excessive misses in the houses area or when employees are on leave or vacations.
- Must be capable of treating ALL employees in the complex with respect and courtesy.
- Must ensure that ALL Rose Acre Employee Handbook policies are followed, and must be capable of reprimanding any employee who violates Rose Acre Policy.
- Must be able to follow all Rose Acre safety and biosecurity standards thoroughly, and must report ANY violation of these policies to the complex manager.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once – the ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Must possess the ability to work in an agricultural environment, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing, and farm production areas each varying in temperature, and other environment specific atmospheres.
- Must be willing and able to work past the scheduled leave time to complete the job, if needed.
- Must possess the ability to work in an open office setting.
- Must maintain professionalism with coworkers.
ANIMAL WELFARE COMMITMENT:
- Rose Acre Farms is fully committed to providing our animals with a safe and healthy environment, free from abuse and treated humanely in all aspects.
- All team members are obligated by moral duty, Rose Acre Farms requirement (refer to Animal Abuse Policy in Rose Acre Farms Handbook), and legal obligation to uphold the strictest animal welfare structured environment and are obligated to report any incidents of abuse, neglect, or breach of biosecurity for the health and welfare of our animals.
- No smoking allowed in workplace, break areas, or on any company property.
- No smoking in company provided vehicles.
Rose Acres is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, sexual orientation, gender identity or other legally protected status.
Disclaimer: Although this job description lists and identifies the primary duties of the listed position, it is not an exclusive list. As with all positions at Rose Acre Farms, the very nature and diversification of an egg production facility requires that all team members remain flexible to cover a wide variety of duties that may need covered.
The Information contained in this job description is not only to inform you of the requirements of this position but will also be used to evaluate your work performance. This will include assisting in a determination of whether you will be entitled to certain bonuses and/or raises, and whether or not performance related disciplinary action would be taken against you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bouse, AZ 85325: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Egg Production: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person