- Partner with the Production leadership to create and manage production schedules and budgets that deliver films on budget
- Provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to both Production and Studio Management during the life cycle of a film.
- Understand and aid in solving budgeting and staffing issues.
- Collaborate with Show leadership to measure production health against quotas, milestones, complexity goals and budget and create executive summaries that headline those measurements.
- Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions to Show leadership, while maintaining Studio objectives.
- Clearly and concisely communicate issues and collaborate with Production Leadership to problem solve using active listening and knowledge of the animation production process
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely cost reports, cash flow and headcount forecasts, Staffing Profiles, and Vista reconciliations
- Comply with all Studio procedures for POs, invoices, checks and time card approvals
- Collaborate with Production Finance team to establish best practices, maintain consistency across shows and provide maximum efficiency
- Direct and approve all staffing documents including Open Reqs, Transfers, Loans, Terminations, Dismissal Pay, Vacation Payout and Bill Backs in a timely manner
- Direct Assistant Production Accountant on all aspects of their job to ensure Studio compliance, accuracy and timely processing of all payments
- Mentor and train Assistant Production Accountant to ensure strong work performance
- Aid in communicating and implementing Studio-wide Production Finance initiatives
- Reporting to Production Finance with dotted-line to Show Leadership
- Project/Production based accounting experience a must.
- Proficiency with Excel required.
- Experience with Vista preferred.
- Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- Animation experience preferred.
Sub-BusinessFilm Features Animation Support
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.