Location: Washington, DC
Clearance Status: Must be able to obtain
Employee type: Regular / Full Time
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are a seeking an experienced and motivated ServiceNow Developer who will lead the development, administration and maintenance of a prestigious customer’s on-premises ServiceNow environment and future module additions based on customer requirements. The ServiceNow developer/administrator is responsible for the development, administration, and integration of the ServiceNow instance, including system integrations, custom code, 3rd-party applications, and other customer owned systems. This role plays an important function of testing, enhancements, and implementing projects.
More About the Role:
- Develop custom ServiceNow applications using modern web technologies
- Configure out-of-the-box workflows and create/maintain custom workflows
- Configure application related fields, forms, views, email notifications, acceptance roles and access controls
- Integrate ServiceNow application(s) with third party systems/applications via APIs
- Create custom dashboards in ServiceNow integrating and combining data from multiple tables and sources based on user requirements
- Create, maintain and enhance Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, Service Catalog, Knowledge Management, Self-Service Portals, single sign on (SSO) capability, and Active Directory Profile synchronization.
- Administer the ServiceNow instance including the delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, dictionary, catalog items and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions
- Participate in internal and customer meetings identify unique use cases for the ServiceNow platform
- Rapidly prototype new solutions to demonstrate ServiceNow capabilities to our clients
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of relevant experience, to include 3+ years of implementing and administering ServiceNow solutions
- Extensive understanding of the ways in which ServiceNow can be configured and customized and scripting within the tool
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with Active Directory for Single Sign On (SSO)
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems
- Experience with the ServiceNow Studio IDE
- Experience using the Workflow Editor to configure workflows
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer or Certified Implementation Specialist
- Experience with ServiceNow System Administration
- Ability to stay on schedule and produce results in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54.00 /year
- integrating ServiceNow with Active Directory for Single Sign: 5 years (Preferred)
- implementing and administering ServiceNow solutions: 7 years (Preferred)
- ServiceNow Studio IDE: 5 years (Preferred)
- Washington, DC 20006 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative