We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We have a message to get out:
we’re growing. Fast. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Works with management and corporate affairs colleagues to develop and manage certain communications, announcements, and stakeholder activities pertaining to issues management.
- Acts as the issues management liaison between agencies, Customer Service, Corporate Responsibility, and legal counsel for issues that present significant external challenges to the company’s reputation and business operations.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Understands the company and its environment to effectively collaborate and discuss across organizational boundaries.
- Utilizes research techniques, including analysis of media coverage, and online conversation (volume and tone), and identification and categorization of various stakeholders.
- Manages multiple projects by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, managing quality, and ensuring deadline adherence.
- Creates high quality internal and external communications content while demonstrating an understanding of the differences in writing styles depending on the outlet, channel, and audience (online, social network, traditional media, etc.).
- Implements strategic communications plans as it pertains to the management of individual issues.
- Supports the Customer Service and Corporate Responsibility teams on research, writing, and other matters as required.
- Facilitates internal correspondence, including daily updates and activity reports.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Journalism or Communications.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience providing advice and recommendations.
- Experience and knowledge of the dynamics of working with the news media.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Knowledge of current political, civil, business, and economic trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of how consumers engage in social media and emerging trends in the social media space.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Available for after-hours issues and crises.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, Eligible Employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI�s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.