Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Under the direction of Laboratory management, this position will provide support service for Laboratory staff, Clients and Network affiliations. Services include but are not limited to specimen transport, specimen log-in, supply allocation and delivery.
1. Pick-up and delivery of samples/supplies from on-site and off-site locations following approved policies and procedures that insure specimen integrity is maintained.
2. Respond to calls for dispatch in a timely manner.
3. Communicate difficulties that might interfere with scheduled delivery times or might compromise patient care or other related workflow duties.
4. Provides excellent customer service, promotes professionalism and adheres to Western Connecticut Health Network code of ethics at all times.
5. In the absence of the Driver Coordinator responds to messages on the routine courier line.
6. Performs specimen log-in as needed.
7. Scan required documents into document imaging and files requisitions as defined.
8. Adheres to Universal precautions when handling and/or transporting specimens.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
HS Graduate or Equivalent. Valid Drivers License. Computer Skills.
Knowledge of keyboard, general clerical knowledge, problem solving and communication skills.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
PRN, as needed basis day/evening shifts
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.