If you are looking to join a long term growing company, Shrader Tire & Oil has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner! Located in Toledo, Ohio, Shrader Tire & Oil (STO) has been providing products and services to the Commercial transportation/fleet industry throughout the tri-state area since 1948. Partnering with Michelin and Chevron, STO's team is recognized for high quality products, innovation solutions, and extreme customer service. We provide ways to help reduce costs and improve the performance of tires, lubricants, and mechanical services.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for developing and executing human resources programs and policies in the areas of compliance, compensation and benefits, administration, talent acquisition and retention, development, performance management, employee relations, and worker’s compensation. Flexible, collaborative and hands-on, the HRBP is a proactive partner and a member of the STO executive leadership team and will be responsible to develop and mentor the HR Generalist.
Although the HRBP will be a key member of STO's Strategic Planning Process, this person must be very hands-on and involved in daily interactions and situations with managers and employees. Must be able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks at the same time and find ways to continuously improve and advance STO to the next level of HR. STO has already taken steps to advance to a new HR platform starting in June 2018, which will utilize technology, increase the speed of hiring, provide dashboards and better metrics to managers and provide for greater capabilities for employees and managers.
- Provides overall HR leadership for STO.
- Provides coaching and counseling to all leaders, managers and employees.
- Manages risk management initiatives such as Employee Wellness, workers compensation, and OSHA etc.
- Administers a wide variety of HR policies and processes ensuring STO’s compliance with HR as well as the Department of Transportation related laws and regulations.
- Advises all leaders and managers on a wide variety of sensitive HR issues (e.g. discipline, hiring, compensation, promotions, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating and leading the recruitment process (e.g. advertising, screening, interviewing, employment offers, temporary staff agreements, etc.)
- Establish HR organization direction by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, benefits, training and development, health and safety, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and EEO compliance.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by reviewing existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Increases job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Revise and manage performance management process for all levels of organization.
- Coordinates benefit analysis and contract renewals with STO’s broker(s).
- Provides HR metrics and related analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring that all job descriptions are accurate and up to date and that each employee has one.
- Establish directives for improving employee engagement and retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of HR experience required with progressive responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledgeable about COBRA, FMLA, EEO, Unemployment, ADA, DOT regulations and other regulations that affect Human Resources.
Qualified candidates must have a can-do attitude and be willing to be hands-on. Must also be able to demonstrate a successful track record of HRBP or HR Manager responsibilities and experience in the above areas.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 1 year
- Human Resources: 10 years