APPLY TODAY! At www.bartlettparks.org/employment
- Pre-K (4’s) Lead Teacher: M-F 8:45am-11:30am
- 4’s Lead Teacher: M-F 9:00am-11:45am
Additional Hours Available:
- Preschool (3’s) Lead Teacher: M/W/F 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Young (3’s) Lead Teacher (beg. Jan): Tu/Th 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Enrichment Classes 1x/ wk (STEM, Kid Fit, Creative Builders, Science Mania, Art/Music, Spanish/Sign Language, etc): 8 week sessions
The Preschool Teacher is responsible for the planning and organization of all aspects of the preschool. Our preschool is a DCFS licensed facility and all personnel must adhere to DCFS guidelines and standards. This is an at-will position. Primary duties include:
- Assist in record keeping of attendance, accident/ incident reports, permission slips, informational sheet (update), special event fees, and individual student records.
- Develop weekly lesson plans and prepare daily routine for students.
- Assist in finding substitute when ill or absent.
- Attend conferences and workshops when required.
- Set-up the classroom at the beginning of the year and pack it up at the end of the year.
- Keep informed on current trends and incorporate them into the program.
- Keep informed on special resources available through School District U-46.
- Write and submit correspondence to manager for approval for Field trips, show and tell, etc.
- Assist with maintaining supplies and equipment in a safe and workable condition.
- Guide Assistant in areas that they will need extra help and encourage their development.
- Accompany the class on field trips, as scheduled.
- Maintain an open Parent/Teacher relationship through open door policy and conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 19 years of age with Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or 60 college hours with six in Early Childhood Education. Previous teaching experience preferred. CPR and first aid certified a plus.
SCHEDULE & PAY: Follows the U-46 calendar for days off. Starting hiring range is $12.50+ per hour, dependent upon qualifications. Plus preference of complimentary membership to LIFECENTER Fitness, Bartlett Aquatic Center, Apple Orchard Golf Course, or Snow & Ski Season Pass. Also, 50% discount on non-contractual programs and various discounts on Facility rentals.**
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.50 to $14.00 /hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)