In this fast-paced environment, providethe full scope of services which fall under provider’s field of training,including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care,preventive care, and electronic health record (EHR) maintenance, whilefollowing guidelines contained within the quality management, risk management,infection control, customer service and safety programs.
- Assesses clients referred for evaluation and treatment by primary care providers or by LCSWs.
- Diagnoses, treats, counsels, and coordinate care for each patient. Reviews and update problem list and longitudinal plan of care at every visit.
- Prescribes medication in accordance with federal and local statutes and professional practice guidelines.
- Prescribes medication as needed and monitors client response to medication in coordination with the client’s primary therapist. Consults with FHC Medical providers concerning psychotropic medication of their clients.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team and other Behavioral Health departmental meetings (including the Performance Improvement Committee) as assigned.
- Meets documentation standards and completes all progress notes within 24 hours following the patient visit.
- Meets Meaningful Use standards
- Manages EHR
- Provides triage services for same-day appointment patients, identify those patients who can wait to receive care and those patients who require immediate medical attention through consultation with patients and/or their families.
- May order relevant lab tests and procedures with appropriate consent, to help in the diagnosis or management of patient’s condition. Receives and reviews lab reports, providing feedback to clients and/or consultation to primary therapist as needed.
- Schedule services for the patient within a time frame meeting the patient’s medical needs.
· Coordinateswith health center staff at all levels to ensure patient needs are met.
· Exhibitsa positive attitude during daily activities and fosters a positive workenvironment for the entire team.
- Participates in health center huddles and meets scheduled health center times and productivity standards.
- Assures patients are seen in a timely and clinically appropriate manner, and involves health center employees including medical assistants and front desk staff in this process.
- Assures care teams properly carry out effective treatment, education and performs clinical tasks in accordance with acceptable policy and procedure.
- Assures all clinical activities are accomplished according to acceptable guidelines for reimbursement.
Mayfunction as a preceptor in teaching programs including medical residents,medical students, advance practice nurse students as well as other alliedhealth professions.
Performsother duties as assigned.
Non-essential Functions: Assist with any other duties as assigned. Pleasenote this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of theemployee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change atany time with or without notice.
Position requirements /Job qualifications:
- Education and Training: M.D. from an accredited educational institution and Board Certified or Board Eligible in the field of Psychiatry;
- Valid license to practice medicine in the US Virgin Islands. Current CPR (BLS) certificate.
- Must have and maintain a current Controlled Substances Registration Certificate from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
- Experience/Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a community health center environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully.
- Proficiency in knowledge of office management, use of computer, software packages, and office machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and write.
- This position is occasionally active and requires standing and walking for the duration of the workday.
Skillsand abilities: (language, mathematical, reasoning, etc.)
Physical/mental demands: The physical/mental demandsdescribed here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfullyperform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of thisjob, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, and use hands tofinger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required tostand, walk, climb, balance on two feet, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach withhands and arms. The employee mustoccasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and theability to adjust focus. Mental demandsinclude the ability to learn, adapt to changes, and become proficient quickly, payclose attention to details, courteous and professional demeanor, ability todeal with stress of meeting deadlines and adhere to company policies andprocedures.)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $100.00 to $125.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry