Clínica Tepeyac’s Mission is to provide culturally competent health care and preventive health services for the medically underserved.
Now in its 23rd year, Clínica Tepeyac is a community health center providing integrated physical and behavioral health care to almost 5,000 individuals from across the Denver metro area annually. Clínica Tepeyac has distinguished itself as a dynamic organization dedicated to eliminating health disparities, with a strength serving Latino and immigrant communities. Clínica Tepeyac maintains an unwavering commitment to high quality patient care and continual quality improvement, and to treating each patient with the highest level of respect and compassion.
Th Chief Operations Officer (COO) directs, organizes, develops, and evaluates all service delivery activities and daily operations of Clinica Tepeyac. The COO is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization’s operational systems, processes, workflows, policies and procedures. The COO is hands-on and leads by example to motivate staff and deliver measurable, accountable, cost-effective results that further the mission of the organization. The COO is a member of the Executive Team and reports to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about our organization’s mission, and the continued growth the Clinica Tepeyac is experiencing. The Ideal candidate encourages maximum performance and team-building through strong interpersonal skills and an innovative approach. Both resume and cover letter supporting how and why the candidate is ideal are required. Compensation: $80,000. To $90,000.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration; a Master's degree in Healthcare Administration is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years' experience in healthcare operations or administration required; FQHC experience strongly preferred.
- Language: Oral and written fluency in English and oral fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Certification/Licensure/Registration: Valid Driver’s License.
- Ideal Candidate: Will have strong initiative and passion to provide healthcare to the underserved.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the CEO, CHO, CFO and CSO, and other members of the Executive Leadership in developing and implementing Clinica Tepeyac’s mission and strategic plan.
- Works closely with the executive leadership team to develop and implement the organizational Business Plan, including budgeting, staffing, and reporting measures to track performance and ensure goal attainment.
- Trains staff on the implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, and reporting tools.
- Provides a strong day-to-day leadership presence and encourages an “open-door” policy among all staff.
- Participates in regular quality and process improvement meetings with other clinic administrators and executive leadership staff to ensure the highest level of business efficiencies and compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures by standardizing services that assures quality and safety for both patients and staff.
- Identifies growth opportunities and priorities by establishing and maintaining relationships with key individuals, both external and internal to Clinica Tepeyac.
- Based on projected enrollment rates, patient visits, and provider productivity, monitors the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan, and oversees facility expansion, improvement projects and major repairs or maintenance projects as required.
- Partners with the Chief Health Officer, to assure the delivery of high quality primary and preventative health care services.
- In collaboration with the CEO and CFO, participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-term budgets based upon organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements operational policies that are standardized and consistent with the organization’s overall policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the grants manager to ensure clinic grant deliverables are met by supporting/enforcing pertinent requirements and reliable data.
- Works closely with the Executive Leadership team to ensure health center compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies, including the 19 core requirements as prescribed by HRSA.
- Responsible for operational functions to streamline and improve work flow efficiencies where needed such as patient demographic data collection and integrity, patient flow, patient scheduling, and preparation of charts for new patients.
- Ensures staff training, and monitors organizational compliance as it relates to the enrollment process of:
- Colorado Indigent Care Program
- Primary Care Fund
- Federal sliding scale fee discounts
- Any services delivered under contractual relations with outside agencies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the core principles and practices of effective health center operations and administrative management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of Tepeyac’s mission, vision, strategic direction and polices to effectively communicate with staff and community partners.
POSITION TYPE/WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time, non-exempt, 40 hour/week position, requiring occasional evening and weekend work and the ability to be flexible and responsive to emergent needs of Clinica Tepeyac.
Clinica Tepeyac is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. Clinica Tepeyac prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Healthcare Administration: 5 years