Miller-Valentine Group, Residential Property Management division, is seeking a full-time Service Technician.Responsibilities will include coordinating the repair of vacated apartments; perform maintenance of site grounds and all common areas and customer service. The ideal candidate is a team player who is experienced in maintenance, is capable of working with little supervision, and has the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies. Background check, drug screening and, physical is required for employment.
At Miller-Valentine Group, you will join a team of dedicated Associates that work together to deliver a rewarding, worry-free experience to fulfill a wide range of construction needs. As a nationally recognized contractor, Miller-Valentine has developed and/or built over 16,000 multifamily units and 100 million square feet of commercial space over its 55+ year history. We are committed to quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. We offer competitive wages, benefits, career advancement possibilities, and an engaging culture based on excellence. With offices in Dayton and Cincinnati, OH, as well as Columbia and Charleston, SC, we offer a variety of employment opportunities in multiple locations. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, consider joining our team of highly successful individuals. BUILD DREAMS. CHANGE LIVES.
Skills and Responsiblities:
- Operate a variety of janitorial related equipment to maintain cleanliness of the property.
- Dust, sweep, vacuum, and/or mop floors as necessary. Scrub/strip, extract, bonnet and maintain floors.
- Wash and clean windows/windowsills/window treatments.
- Clean furniture.
- Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes as needed.
- Maintain building supply inventory, email notification, submit/fulfill work orders, and time entry reports.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years maintenance experience. Apartment maintenance experience is preferred
- Proven plumbing, electrical and painting experience is required. Some HVAC experience is preferred
- Have own tools and transportation
- Responsible for maintaining grounds, lawn care, and buildings at a high standard
- Assist with court-ordered “set-outs” when necessary
- Maintain and organize a supply of repair parts and materials in a neat and organized fashion in a manner appropriate for the required level of service
- Repair and maintenance of residential branch circuitry including receptacles, switches, and light fixtures; and the electrical systems of appliances, HVAC units and water heaters
- Troubleshoot and repair problems with the HVAC electrical system and understand the closed Freon system well enough to knowledgeably communicate with a repair contractor
Regular attendance is required and may include weekend hours. Work beyond 40 hours per workweek may be required.
We offer comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, Flexible Spending, and Wellness Program.
- PTO within 6 months
- Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Training and Development programs
Miller-Valentine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture