As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
Responsible for soliciting and servicing a variety of commercial loans. Maintain business relationships with commercial members. Meet organizational loan origination goals through active business development program. Process and approve business loans within specific authorizations and in compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Must be able to work closely with other Business Service Department members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have thorough knowledge of Business Lending’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining overall credit union relationship with existing business members through an ongoing relationship management program.
- Solicit new business members for loan origination goals with a detailed business development program.
- Interview loan applicants, gather required information, and explain transaction details such as rates, terms and collateral requirements. Compile, verify and request additional information as needed to approve or deny loan requests according to Credit Union Policy.
- Analyze business financial statements and income tax statements to determine financial standing.
- Has individual lending authority as approved by management and/or the business loan committee.
- Provide analytical analysis and Credit memo for initial Commercial Loan applications. Make recommendations to management and/or the business loan committee on loans and communicate the conditions required to be satisfied in order for the approval of the loan.
- Verifies loan agreements are complete and accurate according to Policy.
- Perform Annual Loan Portfolio review for Credit Committee.
- Train other BCU Departments regarding Business and Commercial Lending.
- Work as part of the Business Services Department team, assisting with business member service, as necessary, including input of member information into various systems to set up, process and maintain the loan.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure continuity of Department operation and efficiency. Provide support to the Department Manager, as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
-A minimum of 3-4 years of directly related lending experience.
-Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis on accounting, finance and/or economics courses.
-Must be able to handle contact inside and/or outside of Credit Union, with proper conduct essential to maintaining goodwill with business members.
-Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, courtesy, and discretion are necessary.
-Must analyze complicated financial situations, apply functional principles and make decisions and provide lending solutions.
-Must be proficient in financial analysis and spreadsheets.
-Must be able to work as part of a small Business Services Team.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Full working knowledge and ability to utilize the following software programs: Microsoft Office suite, business financial analysis, loan documentation and other business data processing software.
Ability to conduct training, where needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location