Brand Ambassador – Pet Food (Part Time weekend sales)
Do you like to share stories about your pets?
Do you like to listen to other pet lovers talk about their pets?
Do you enjoy meeting fellow pet parents and can you build rapport easily?
Are you passionate about your pets and overall animal health and well-being?
If you answered yes to the above questions we would like to talk with you. Blue Buffalo Company Ltd., is currently seeking enthusiastic pet lovers, who care about the health and well-being of pets, to join us in our efforts. As a Pet Detective you are responsible for being the face of our brands to pet parents in your assigned pet specialty stores.
READ THE DUTIES, SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS AND BENEFITS LISTED BELOW!!!
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TELLING WHY YOU ARE INTERESTING IN THIS POSITION. A COVER LETTER SUBMISSION WILL GET YOU INTERVIEWED FASTER.
- Approaching pet parents by striking up conversations in such a way that shows your shared love of pets.
- Sharing your favorite pet stories.
- Involving pet parents by asking and listening to their stories.
- Detecting the clues that make each pet parent’s bond with their pets unique.
- Identifying how our products can best honor the bond they have with their pet.
- Showing pet parents which BLUE products will best honor the bond they have with their pet.
- Appreciating pet parents for sharing their stories, giving you their time and attention, and caring about pets as much as you do.
- Following our vision during your shift and all pet parent interactions.
- Sociable while demonstrating the ability to be persuasive and engaging.
- Caring while demonstrating the ability to attentively listen to others tell their personal pet stories.
- Outgoing and demonstrate a willingness to connect with pet parents in a retail setting.
- Open to regular coaching while demonstrating continual growth professionally.
- A sales background is helpful, but not necessary.
- We do look for passionate pet lovers who are excited to talk about Blue Buffalo products so current use of Blue Buffalo products is a plus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be available to work Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk a minimum of 4 consecutive hours.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to drive to surrounding locations within 25 mile radius.
- Must have an active e-mail account and daily computer access.
- This is a steady, long term, and every weekend position. Saturday and Sunday being the primary days. This includes Holiday weekends.
- Typical hours are 8 to 12 hours per weekend depending on the individual store traffic and availability in your area. Each store shift is 4 hours in length.
- Pay is competitive with part time hourly work depending on market and/or experience.
What’s in it for you?
Besides working in a great environment interacting with pets and pet parents with competitive pay for part-time hourly work depending on the specific market and/or experience – Blue Buffalo offers a generous Pet Detective Perks package which includes:
- 401k with company match after six months of continuous employment
- Generous Pet Adoption Credit
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Monthly rebate on Blue Buffalo products
- Online health consultation service for you and your family.
**Please note this offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Visit our Company Career Page at: www.bluebuff.com for location specific opportunities.
Blue Buffalo Company Ltd. and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and follow all national, state and local ordinances regarding applicant consideration.
**NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED. DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANT RESPONSE WE ARE UNABLE TO RETURN OR ACCEPT PHONE CALLS. A TALENT MANAGER WILL REVIEW YOUR BACKGROUND AND IF YOUR EXPERIENCE IS A MATCH WITH OUR POSITION REQUIREMENTS A REPRESENTATIVE WILL CONTACT YOU REGARDING YOUR CANDIDACY AND THE SELECTION PROCESS.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)