Full Job Description
Come Smile with Us!
- Do you no longer see yourself on your current career path?
- Are you frustrated because your territory just split but not in your favor?
- Would you love the chance to control your destiny and create opportunities through broker channels?
If this describes you or someone you know, no need to send a resume, let’s talk!
If you have at least 5 years of sales experience with an annual compensation of at least $80,000 (base + commission), then call us at 515-261-5606 to schedule an interview and learn more.
Delta Dental of Iowa has a Small Business and Individual Sales Specialist opportunity available. You will be responsible for the growth and retention of the small employer (2 to 100 employees) and individual dental and vision insurance business segments. You will develop and execute sales initiatives across the broker sales channel for the growth and profit of the small employer and individual business segments. Successful execution of the role will include product, process, and platform education of broker partners.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Grow and retain small employer and individual dental and vision business.
- Identify, evaluate and implement sales channel partner relationships to assist in growing the respective business segments.
- Manage communication and relationships with sales channel partners. Report on key performance indicators.
- Support channel partners throughout the sales process in all sales-oriented activities, such as marketing, advertising, sales promotions and training to achieve revenue targets.
- Participate in the development of strategic approaches to marketing, pricing and product development.
- Share employer, channel and agent/ broker perspective with internal operating areas and key teams.
- Promote corporate profitability of the segments through the maintenance of underwriting guidelines.
- Foster an external image that is consistent with corporate objectives.
- Utilize the CRM system for management of relationships and actively engage in user group discussions offering recommendations and enhancements to support these business segments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public or healthcare administration, or related degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 4-6 years related sales experience required; preferably in a wholesaler to retailer environment.
- Experience developing and executing sales strategies, planning, tactics and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills required.
- 65% travel required.
- Iowa Health license required or must be attained within 30 days of hire.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement