PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Project Manager - Scrum Master (Contractor)
San Diego, CA
The Contract Project Manager – Scrum Master works as a member of the production services, operations engineering team to facilitate work delivery. The team focuses on data center maintenece, S3 and large scale solutions delivery needed to support business growth.
The focus of the position is a collabortion of project management and working as a scrum master. This position will assist in managing work using a hybrid of scrum methodologies, Kanban and SAFe platform for one or more specific scrum teams, follow-ups on specific work assigned to each team and operations engineering projects. As part of this position, you will clear team impediments, facilitate meetings, and coordinate with other parts of the organization to accomplish company goals. Managing work queues for one or more specific delivery teams and follow-ups on specific projects as assigned. One must be adaptable and keep communication lines open. The Project Manager - Scrum Master will possess a unique blend of people skills as well as an aptitude for critical thinking.
Scrum Master Specific:
Project Manager Specific:
- Facilitates all Scrum-related rituals and ceremonies (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, etc.) while maintaining all Scrum artifacts (Sprint backlog, Rally sprints iterations, etc.)
- Attend and help coordinate SAFe related rituals and ceremonies (Scrum of Scrum, Big Room Planning, Feature Squad, etc.)
- Help to clear impediments blocking team progress. The SM will actively address issues so the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the iteration.
- Support and works with team product owners to facilitate a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Provides management with progress reports and updates on issues within the team, iteration (sprint) impediments and achievements.
- Assist with team improvement by improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the definition of done.
- Owning the project schedule, task assignments, and managing schedule progress; from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Collaborating with staff and management, and outside 3rd parties (including subject matter experts, design teams, and technology teams) to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks.
- Ensures critical issues are identified and tracked through resolution.
- Manages daily/weekly project communication, status reporting and creates meeting minutes.
- Will pocess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Will work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
- Will exhibit meticulous attention to detail, organizational skills, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Will work in a fast pace environment, prioritize effectively, motivated, organized self-starter
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft suite and Project.
- At least 1-3 year of relevant professional experience as a Scrum Master and Project Mangement.
- Working experience managing projects (operations projects preferred) from concept to completion.
- Strong critical thinking skills and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, across the organization, external parties, as well as work independently.
- Proven ability to meet goals in dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Flexible and able to work fast under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements.
- Experience working in Rally, Jira and Project management tools (Microsoft Project, JIRA big Picture) and Confluence tools.
- Familiarity with Project Management best practices
- Familiarity working in Agile environment.
- Experience with production solutions and understanding of underlying technical components (servers, databases, storage, network configuration settings, Cloud etc.).
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or related area
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus.
- Certified SAFe Practioner a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.