Posting Number S02449P
Position Title Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion [S02449P]
Job Family Executive/Administration
Position Status Full-time
Work Hours Standard
Open to External and Internal
Salary Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience
Duration Job terminates
Pay Basis Monthly
Benefits Eligible Yes
Please see Special Instructions. For more information about this position go to https://www.uta.edu/leadershipsearches/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion has a scope of responsibilities that includes:
- Working directly with the President, Provost, and other campus administrators and in consultation with the University’s DEI Committee and others, including faculty, staff, students, and alumni to develop a vision and a plan for ensuring that the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are embedded in the culture and operations of the University.
- Establishing an effective, collaborative relationship with the UTA community.
- Serving as the principal spokesperson and representative for the President on all DEI issues and facilitating internal and external communication strategies.
- Advancing the culture of assessment and evaluation of DEI programs and events through the promotion of DEI in academic and non-academic units by partnering with Vice Presidents and Deans.
- Working with the Provost, Deans, and faculty on academic programs promoting DEI.
- Developing and promoting DEI events and programming on and off campus for the benefit of faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Providing relevant DEI professional development and education regularly.
- Facilitating inclusive dialogues that enable positive growth in the climate and culture within UTA.
- Supporting and promoting the hiring, retention, and promotion of under-represented faculty and staff.
- Partnering with Academic Affairs, the Division of Student Success, Student Access and Resource Center, colleges/schools, Student Affairs, and Enrollment Management to enhance academic success of under-represented students.
- Directly leading the Culture and Talent Engagement Team and their portfolio of existing educational programs and services, including research on best practices and the development of the Affirmative Action plan and goals.
- Partnering with the University Advancement team to develop and implement a fundraising plan to pursue external funding opportunities.
- Recommending diversity-related budget and staffing enhancements and/or limits to the President, Provost, and President’s Leadership Council.
- Partnering with the Chief Human Resources Officer to develop and implement best practices in staff recruitment and retention.
- Effectively managing the budget in the Office of DEI to develop and implement new initiatives and services.
- Terminal degree from an accredited institution with extensive experience in the study of DEI with an academic record and/or professional accomplishments sufficient to meet the requirements of tenure at UTA.
- Demonstrated experience as a successful leader through visible accomplishments in developing and implementing DEI initiatives within a complex higher education institution.
- Successful experience in development and implementation of a DEI strategic plan.
- Evidence of understanding and commitment to shared governance.
- Possession of a demonstrated knowledge of current literature, research, and best practices on issues of DEI related to serving students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other external constituents.
- Experience with organizational transformation, best practices, and change management.
- Recognized as an excellent communicator and persuasive advocate for transformational change to all audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and influence positive change in a complex, decentralized university.
- Demonstrated ability to lead DEI through influence and collaboration.
- Experience successfully leading and facilitating conversations on all dimensions of DEI across all university constituents.
- Prior administrative experience at leading large-scale change projects.
- Highly motivated team player able to function effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Prior success in improving DEI results, including faculty and staff hiring, promotions, and retention.
- Demonstrated ability in fostering all elements of DEI, including race, gender, LBGTQ+, disability, veteran status, etc., across faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Korn Ferry is assisting The University of Texas at Arlington in this search.
All applications should include (as separate documents) a CV or resume as well as a letter of interest addressing the themes presented in the position profile found on UTA’s Senior Leadership page (https://www.uta.edu/leadershipsearches/ ).
For fullest consideration, the candidate materials should be received by November 16, 2020. Application materials should be submitted to UTAVPDEI@kornferry.com .
Thanks for your interest in this position.
For more information about this position go to https://www.uta.edu/leadershipsearches/
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply