The Candidate will be involved with projects from estimating through construction and final project closeout. Our company is a heavy civil general contracting company with our core competency in concrete construction. This position will work closely with ownership and other management members as well as engineers and project owners.
- Estimate hard bid and negotiated work. Primarily for municipalities, FAA, and KDOT type projects.
- Solicit Sub contractor bids.
- Manage, plan, and coordinate projects including facilitation of; sub contracts, submittals, project scheduling, billings, and progress meetings.
- Ensure proper construction techniques and safety are followed on all aspects of a project.
- Perform regular site visits to monitor construction progress and accuracy according to plans and specifications of the project.
- Coordinate between our company and the owner of the project to ensure quality and communication throughout the project.
- Will monitor project progress including budgets through Foundation Software Systems.
- Degree in construction management, engineering or 5+ years of relevant construction experience.
- Proficient in all microsoft office programs.
- Able to read and interpret plans and specifications for civil construction work. This will include dirt work, utility work, and concrete work.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to work in a team environment while still being self driven and directed.
- Ability to multi task on different projects in different stages of construction.
Vogts-Parga Construction LLC is an EEOE. We are fast growing family owned and operated business successful in the industry for over 20 years. We have great growth potential within the company for the qualified candidate. We offer competitive salary based on experience as well as a competitive benefit package. Immediate placement is available for the qualified candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- construction: 3 years
- Estimating: 3 years
- Project Management: 3 years