Are you currently working for a CPA firm, and dreading your next busy season? Do you dislike reviewing staff work, and want to just complete it yourself? Are you looking for a more casual work environment, with work/life balance and a reasonable workload, but still want the opportunity to be challenged and grow? We have that here.
We are currently looking to hire someone as an experienced tax staff or light tax senior that enjoys preparing returns and researching tax issues. This is a roll-up-your sleeves, dig-in and do the work, role, so the right person is someone that doesn't necessarily want to review other staff's work, but wants to really do it themselves.
What does the work look like?
- Prepare workpapers, such as analysis of fixed assets and various G/L accounts, which are related to forms 1120-S and 1065, as well as other required schedules, and related state tax returns for approximately 50 entities
- Prepare Form 8300 as needed
- Assist with preparation of 990-PF
- Research tax issues and prepare communications and other responses to government agencies or as required by external auditors
- Prepare amended returns and complete a variety of corporate tax projects
- Collaborate with other accounting staff to complete projects or administrative duties as required
- Maintain accounting records for two private foundations
- Other ad hoc reporting as needed