ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE!
Seeking a (Virtualization) Sr System Engineer / Architect, who will be responsible for working and leading a virtualization team in systems design and operations.
This candidate will design, build, and integrate all physical, virtual, logical systems and networks. In a highly virtualized VMWare and vCloud Director Environment, this candidate will design and provide a multitude of internal customers with a virtual machine environment to include network setup (VMWare NSX).
This System Engineer will be responsible for working on many concurrent efforts and tasks in a fast paced environment.
Other responsibilities will include stakeholder and customer support.
This team member will often work to analyze requirements and address technical concerns.
This person will document technical design and architecture.
These duties will include the design, build and configuration of project hardware such as servers, virtual machines, SAN\NAS, and networking equipment to include multi-level firewalls and switches.
Installation and configuration of both Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and custom applications would be a common duty assigned to this position.
This person will be the key point of contact for all hardware, virtualization and managing of network resources.
This candidate will assist in leading the team in the responsibility for the overall security and compliance controls for this project.
This person must be a team player and be cohesive with incumbent staff.
Must have experience in most if not all of the following:
- Must be able to document system processes, build procedures and system infrastructure diagrams.
- Strong experience in networking
- Microsoft Server 2008, or 2012/2016 system design and administration
- VMware ESXi Server 5.5 or above, including vCenter, vSphere, NSX, and vCloud Director
- MS SQL / Databases clustering and administration
- MS Windows Server 2008\2012\2016 Active Directory
- Microsoft SCCM, SCOM configuration\administration
- Current SAN\NAS experience
- Current Hardware installation and configuration experience
- Experience in scripting in Powershell and\or PowerCLI
- Experienced in administration of CISCO, McAfee Enterprise (or similar) Firewalls and networking equipment (firewalls\switches\SAN).
- Experience administering firewalls, particularly Cisco ASA's and\or McAfee (formerly SideWinder) a plus.
- Experience using NetApp Storage Devices
- Experience using Cisco UCS hardware environments
- Experienced in Linux Administration
- (14) years’ experience as a SE
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related, technical field
- (5) years additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree