Seeking a Maintenance Manager with three years plus of facilities management of Multifamily properties experience. This position is responsible for planning, executing and monitoring the activities, projects and operations at their facility. The candidate should have a strong background and understanding of multifamily properties and facilities needs to include electrical, plumbing, HVAC and structural systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Painting, Cleaning
- Maintenance Code work
- Fire alarm check
- Snow removal
- Night/weekend maintenance staff
- Capital improvement projects completed in-house
- Inform General Manager when appliance replacement is necessary
- Obtain prices and quotes for appliances when necessary
- Domestic hot water heaters
- Air conditioning units and pumps
- Daily walk through of all maintenance equipment
- Prepare monthly inspection reports - submit to General Manager for file
- Make sure pool supplies are ordered in a timely fashion
- Make sure pool equipment is maintained properly
- Maintain good tenant relations and inform General Manager of any potential or existing problems regarding tenants
- Strive at all times to instill good work ethics of maintenance staff, good company morale, and tenant morale
- Stay within budget whenever supplies are ordered
- Make sure staff completes all work orders in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Work with rental office on scheduling of any apartment work
- Walk property on a daily basis
- Work with General Manager on a daily basis for scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Assist General Manager and/or corporate office on any matter requested
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accurate.
- Demonstrated ability to organize prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule.
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and pro-active team player able to work effectively in fast paced environment.
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate with outside contractors and vendors
- Mechanical, electrical, HVAC & plumbing knowledge of residential facilities
- Knowledge of multifamily property management
- Three plus years of experience in multifamily facilities and operations
- Fundamental skills and understanding of critical systems needed to support facilities and other critical facility operations (i.e. emergency generators, UPS, power distribution systems, HVAC, Life Safety systems, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage complex operations effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)