We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
The best products at the lowest possible prices? That’s no small task. And to do it right we need a strong, dedicated Quality Assurance team. On it, you’ll make sure everything we do is on point, from products to packaging to infrastructure. Our guarantee is more important than ever, and that means you have a big opportunity to make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Works with the Buying team to promote efficient product development by providing category expertise to support the department.
- Informs their direct leader of technical, legislative, and quality matters in their area of responsibility.
- Supports their direct leader in the training of new employees.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Conducts technical/quality investigations, and creates reports for product specifications and national brand comparisons.
- Supports their direct leader in the implementation and maintenance of quality systems.
- Maintains Quality Assurance programs and procedures in conjunction with their direct leader.
- Acts as a liaison with external vendors and the department in regards to Quality Assurance evaluations and/or test results on a technical level to ensure correctness and credibility.
- Conducts Quality Assurance evaluations and reports results to appropriate party.
- Informs the Buying team information necessary to maintain and improve quality of all food products, including safety, performance, sensory, and physical attributes.
- Provides information necessary for Buying team to make decisions on releasing or rejecting shipments based on product and product evaluations with their direct leader’s guidance.
- Communicates with the Buying team regarding product changes necessary to keep the Product Specification up to date and to ensure quality with their direct leader’s guidance.
- Reviews food safety audits/certificates to ensure compliance with the company’s food safety audit requirements.
- Requests and manages corrective action reports as a result of audit non-conformity, testing, non-compliance, or customer complaints.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Engineering, Physics, Microbiology, Chemistry, and other Applied Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Food Safety, Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, and/or Product Safety.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; multi-tasks in an efficient and professional manner.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
QA FOOD SPECIALIST
1200 N KIRK RD, BATAVIA, IL, USA, 60510